MultiTech MultiConnect® AEW Analog-to-Ethernet/Wireless Converter Provides Turnkey Solution For Legacy Built-in Analog Modem Problems
The MultiTech MultiConnect® AEW analog-to-Ethernet/wireless converter is a convenient turnkey solution that allows legacy equipment with built-in analog modems to connect to the cellular packet data network. By emulating the traditional dial-up PSTN network and using integrated or external cellular modems, the affordable MultiConnect AEW converter gives new life to devices currently using traditional analog dial-up communications.
The MultiConnect AEW converter is part of MultiTech's comprehensive portfolio of secure cellular connectivity products optimized for M2M (machine-to-machine) communications. Easy to install and manage, the MultiConnect AEW enables assets that communicate using analog/PTSN connectivity to continue to operate by converting the analog signal to cellular or Ethernet to the receiving server or machine, thereby, maintaining connectivity and extending the life of the asset without a costly and time consuming redesign.
The MultiConnect AEW is ideal for out-of-band management that requires inbound call features or primary internet connection over cellular or Ethernet internet networks. Designed with simplicity of use in mind, and for legacy assets that transmit data using RJ11 connectors; this device is a quick and simple install by a technician or customer ensuring business continuity in retail operations utilizing POS terminals, kiosks, ATM and vending machines that currently depend on PSTN lines.
- Extends the life of legacy dial-up devices by connecting them to cellular or Ethernet internet networks
- Saves time and money on post purchase industry-specific certifications
- Plastic chassis for indoor environments
- Open VPN with Open SSL Encryption for secure connections
- Supports analog modem connections from 300 baud to 33.6K bps with error correction and data compression
- RJ-11 port provides dial tone and DTMF detection
- Supports packet data and PPP pass-through modes
- Certified in North America, European Union, and Australia/New Zealand (Pending)
- Outbound and inbound calling
- 3G HSPA+ cellular radio
MultiConnect AEW will be available soon. Contact Symmetry today for ordering information.
For additional MultiTech product information or technical support, contact Symmetry Electronics, an authorized distributor of industry leading wireless, audio/video and embedded chips, modules and dev/eval tools, call (877) 466-9722.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!