MultiTech Cellular Routers Provide Quick and Reliable Connectivity for Solar Power Applications
• Solar energy generation information is needed to reconcile energy sold back to utility companies to ensure ROI. Service providers are presenting analytics to homeowners to support solar energy investment and pay back.
• Service providers require a reliable, low-cost means of accessing remote equipment in order to determine the amount of energy being sold to utility companies and provide homeowners analytics to support their return on investment.
• Solar panel control units require remote connectivity
• Homeowner-controlled internet routers are difficult to access, unreliable, or simply not available
• Traditional analog telephone lines cannot be relied upon for data access and in many cases are not available
• Embedded cellular modules are not practical given the time and investment required
• Homeowners security concerns on providing access to their home router
MultiTech provides internet connectivity via cellular communications and does not use PSTN/POTS lines.
MultiTech’s MultiConnect® rCell 100 Series is carrier approved and uses a rugged, SAE tested housing. MultiTech’s solution does not require the homeowner to supply any security passwords or allow access to their home network. It is completely independent of the homeowners network.
The MultiConnect® rCell 100 Series of cellular routers are a part of MultiTech’s comprehensive portfolio of cellular connectivity products optimized for M2M (machine-to-machine) communications. With the Industry’s most cost effective approach to remote device management and shared design approach across multiple cellular technologies, it provides the lowest total cost of ownership to customers.
The MultiConnect rCell 100 Series of cellular routers also offers a long, stable lifecycle, an important consideration for M2M solutions.
For additional MultiTech product information or technical support, contact Symmetry Electronics, an authorized distributor of industry leading wireless, audio/video and embedded chips, modules and dev/eval tools. www.symmetryelectronics.com/contact-us or call (877) 466-9722.