How Qorvo’s DWM3001CDK Enables Precise RTLS
Qorvo’s DWM3001CDK is an ultra-wideband (UWB) module development kit that enables developers to build an evaluation real time location system (RTLS) as a Two-Way Ranging (TWR) or Time Difference of Arrival (TDoA) tag. The DWM3001CDK allows users to evaluate DWM3001C 6.5 & 8.0 GHz UWB module with integrated Bluetooth low energy (BLE) system-on-chip (SoC) and Motion Sensor. Based on Qorvo DW3110 IC wireless transceiver, the DWM3001CDK utilizes the power of UWB technology to deliver location precisions within 10 cm accuracy, robust battery reliability, and immunity to multipath and interference.
Figure 1: DWM3001CDK Block Diagram
The DWM3001CDK is equipped with two micro USB ports that connect to the J-Link and DWM3001C interface (Figure 1). Designed to be FiRa™ PHY and Mac compliant, the DWM3001CDK supports UWB RF bands 5, 9, and its software suite is also fully compliant with FiRa/PHY/Mac specifications. The DWM3001CDK can be powered through USB ports, a Raspberry Pi interface, battery, or other external power supply.
Additionally, the DWM3001CDK is interoperable with Apple’s Nearby Interaction Beta Evaluation Software. With a U1-equipped iPhone of Apple Watch, developers are able to evaluate new app features based on location, distance, and direction through the DWM3001CDK.
- Convenient kit for evaluation of DWM3001C UWB module
- Interoperable with Apple U1 chip (Beta Evaluation)
- J-Link on-board for debug and flashing via USB
- USB port for direct connection to DWM3001C USB interface
- 26 pin Raspberry Pi compatible header
- Reset and user-defined buttons and LEDs
- Access to all DWM3001C GPIOs and interfaces
- Measure module current via header on VCC trace
- Supports UWB RF bands 5 (6.5 GHz) and 9 (8 GHz)
- nRF52833 SoC with Bluetooth 5.2
- Two integrated antennas for BLE and UWB
- IEEE 802.15.4-2015 and IEEE 802.15.4z BPRF compliant
- Software development with free to use IDE and debugger
- Fully aligned with FiRa™ PHY, MAC and certification development
- Software suite compliant with FiRa PHY/MAC specification.
- Evaluation of hardware performance as a tag or anchor
- Building block for low power TWR and TDoA RTLS systems
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.