Digi’s Leading XBee® Dev Kits
Rapid Development for Embedded Cellular and Mesh Networking Applications
Digi XBee® modules are a family of cellular modems and RF modules that are optimal for IoT application developers. Known for their flexibility and performance, Digi XBee modules come equipped with IoT gateways, code libraries, Digi XBee tools, Digi Remote Manager®, and more to provide convenient connection, monitoring and management of your XBee network. The following are Digi’s leading XBee development kits–designed for simple, rapid development for embedded cellular and mesh networking applications.
Digi XBee® 3 Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT Development Kit
The Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT Development Kit provides OEMs and developers seeking embedded cellular solutions with a simple, quick way to integrate cellular connectivity into their devices. The Digi XBee 3 Cellular Dev Kit provides reliable, low-power cellular communications for OEM devices like sensors and control/monitoring systems.
The Digi XBee 3 Cellular Dev Kit Contents:
- Digi XBee 3 Cellular LTE-M/NB-IoT embedded modem
- Digi XBee 3 XBIB-C development board
- LTE-M SIM for AT&T
- 3 months of free cellular service*
- Free schematic review by Digi’s Wireless Design Services (WDS)**
- Antennas and power cable
*Service will be limited to ~5 MB/month and limited SMS. For testing purposes only, not for production. XK3-C-A2-UT-U and XK3-C-A2-T-UB only. **Level 1 review.
Digi XBee 3 Cellular Dev Kit Key Benefits:
- Eliminates time consuming and expensive FCC and carrier end-device certification process.
- Three months of free cellular data service allows developers to accelerate time to market without having to deal with the hassle of ordering and provisioning a SIM and setting up a data plan.
- Digi’s full suite of standard Digi XBee API frames and AT commands allows existing XBee customers to seamlessly transition to this embedded modem with minor software adjustments.
- Create future-proof products with flexibility to switch between wireless protocols or pivot to LTE-M or NB-IoT.
Digi XBee® 3 Zigbee Mesh Kit
Developers are able to explore hands-on mesh networking and connectivity with the Digi XBee 3 Zigbee Mesh Kit. The Zigbee Mesh Kit comes equipped with Digi XBee 3 RF modules and provides a convenient evaluation platform for low data-rate/low power Zigbee-based mesh networking applications. Decentralized in nature, Zigbee mesh networks allow nodes within the same network to communicate with multiple nodes at one time. Signals can reconfigure routing paths based on the network structure and provide network stability even in the event of a node failure.
Integrated Digi XBee 3 and XBee 3-PRO Zigbee modules are ideal for applications in the energy and controls markets where time-to-market and reliability are critical. Features like binding and multicasting also allow for simple integration for building automation applications.
The Digi XBee 3 Mesh Kit includes:
- (3) Digi XBee Grove Development Boards
- (3) Digi XBee 3 Zigbee SMT Modules, programmable to 802.15.4 and DigiMesh
- (3) Micro-USB cables
- (3) Antennas
- Comprehensive web and video-based instruction
Digi XBee 3 Mesh Kit Key Benefits:
- With Digi’s extensive and easy-to-use Digi XBee API framework, customers can get their Zigbee product to market faster than any other module available in the industry.
- Modules available in through-hole, surface mount and micro-mount form factors, providing customers the flexibility to substitute one Digi XBee technology for another with minimal development time and risk.
- Using the long-range Digi XBee 3-PRO variant, customers can get up to two miles line-of-sight (LoS) range
Digi XBee® SX RF Module Development Kit
The Digi XBee SX RF Module Development Kit provides a hands-on way to learn how to use Digi XBee SX high-power 900 MHz modules for device connectivity and sensor networking. The module also allows developers to learn to use Digi XBee RF modules for device connectivity and true peer-to-peer mesh device networking with the DigiMesh® protocol. The DigiMesh protocol is a proprietary networking topology that supports advanced networking features like sleeping routers and dense mesh networks.
As the powerhouses of the Digi XBee ecosystem–Digi XBee SX 900 MHz RF modules offer reliability for OEMs that are building power efficient, mission-critical wireless devices. With RF LoS ranging up to 65 miles and strong interference blocking, these modules are ideal for applications requiring a combination of range, data redundancy, and data reliability.
The Digi XBee SX RF Module Development Kit includes:
- (2) Digi XBee PRO SX (1W) U.FL modules soldered on development board
- Digi XBee SX (20Mw) U.FL module
- Digi XBee USB interface board – SMT socket
- Antenna and accessories
Digi XBee SX RF Module Dev Kit Key Benefits:
- Digi XBee SX modules can be configured easily using Digi’s free XCTU software or via Digi’s simplified AT or API command sets.
- The kit is pre-certified for use in multiple countries and includes integrated antennas–removing the burden of RD development/support costs and enabling fast time to market for OEM designs.
- The modules provide secure, reliable delivery of critical data between devices with 256-bit AES encryption, and the small Digi XBee surface-mount form factor saves valuable board space.