Wireless Wednesday Dev Kit Pick Of The Week: Telit EVK2, Reducing Time-to-market for GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, CDMA 1x/EV-DO, and LTE Designs
The Telit Evaluation Kit (EVK2) provides a robust, future-proof and flexible environment to streamline all application development based on Telit GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, CDMA 1x/EV-DO, and LTE module families, significantly reducing time-to-market.
The kit includes a motherboard and an adapter board where the target module is connected. This concept allows the EVK2 to be used across various form factors and product generations, both present and future.
The motherboard includes the basic interfaces such as power input, SIM card holder, audio monitor outputs, RS-232, and USB; as well as a Reset button and power switch. The circuit implemented in the EVK2 motherboard is based on the recommended reference design for the module's peripheral components and I/O connections.
Adapter boards are available for all the different module families. Adapter boards for modules with board-to-board connectors may be used for development with a number of different target modules sharing the same form factor.
- The Telit EVK2 is a tool designed for engineers, programmers, and developers who are looking to:
- Develop a first-pass proof-of-concept device for a new application
- Implement simple applications (stand alone function) by executing scripts with a Python interpreter-equipped module without the need for an external microprocessor
- Debug and/or Improve applications based on Telit modules
- Program and/or update any Telit module
- Develop and test applications based on current and future Telit GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, CDMA 1x/EV-DO and LTE module families via AT commands through serial ports
For additional Telit product information or technical support, contact Symmetry Electronics, an authorized distributor of industry leading wireless, audio/video and embedded chips, modules and dev/eval tools. www.symmetryelectronics.com/contact-us or call (877) 466-9722.Telit EVK2
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!