TDK RoboKit1 SmartRobotics™ Platform
Combining sensors, processors, and actuators on a single board, TDK’s Smartrobotics™ platform provides quick prototyping and ROS development. Integrating a 6-axis IMU, industrial IMU modules, a capacitive barometric pressure sensor, a digital I2S microphone, a temperature sensor, ultrasonic Time of Flight (ToF) sensors, a magnetometer, and a motor controller on a single PCB, the TDK RoboKit1 is an ideal tool for robotic development. Designed with hardware and prototype phases in mind, the TDK Robokit1 also provides open-sourced design files, ROS files, and firmware.
TDK’s Robokit1 enables robotics applications in industries like service, surveillance, consumer, industrial markets, and more. Winner of InvenSense’s 2022 Robotics Business Review Innovation Award, TDK’s Robokit1 supports a wide range of robotics developers including hobbyists and educators. The Robokit1 is also equipped with integrated software solutions like dynamic heading detection, floor detection, cliff detection, obstacle detection, voice audio commands, motion control APIs, and sensor fusion.
TDK’s RoboKit1 Key Features & Benefits:
Available in two formats, the TDK RoboKit1 Development Kit (TDK_RoboKit1-DK) and the TDK RoboKit1 Complete Robotics Package (TDK_RoboKit1), TDK’s Robokit1 is compatible with Raspberry Pi, ASUS Tinker Board 2/2S, Nvidia Jetson (coming soon), and Google Coral Dev Board (coming soon). Additionally, the TDK Robokit1 provides the following hardware and software features:
- ICM-42688-P 6-Axis IMU
- ICS-43434 Digital I²S Microphone (x4)
- ICP-10111 Barometric Pressure Sensor
- CH-101/201 ToF Modules (x9) o (Connected via flex cable)
- IIM-46230 Industrial IMU Module o (Connected via flex cable)
- HVC4223F Embedded Motor Controller
- AK09918C AKM Magnetometer
- Temperature Sensor
- Obstacle detection for any color objects in all lighting conditions
- Floor type and cliff detection using ultrasonic sensors
- RoboVac algorithm using IMU data for heading computation
- Robot Motor Control APIs
- “Hi TDK” keyword spotting with noise filter and noise cancellation
- ROS1 and ROS2 drivers for all on-board sensors
- BLE enabled Windows and Android Apps for sensors and algorithms evaluation and data collection
Interested in embarking on your next robotics development? Our experts are ready to help you get started with the TDK Robokit1 SmartRobotics™ Platform. Contact Symmetry Electronics today!
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!