TDK-Micronas’ HAL® 15xy Hall Effect Switches
With over six billion hall sensors shipped to the automotive and industrial market, TDK-Micronas leverages over 25 years of industry experience to supply best-in-class sensor and attenuator solutions. Their latest HAL® 15xy product family consists of the industry’s first compact, robust, safe, and power-friendly Hall switches that are ISO26262 compliant in SOT23 packaging.
The HAL 15xy Family of Hall Switches
HAL 15xy sensors are monolithic integrated circuits (Figure 1) capable of switching in response to magnetic fields. In comparison to its predecessor, the HAL 5xy, the HAL 15xy integrates a temperature-compensated Hall plate with active offset & comparator. HAL 15xy products are available with open-drain or current output. Additionally, the HAL 15xy line operates with improved lower supply current requirements, higher dynamic magnetic fields, lower jitter, and a wide supply voltage range. Most notably, HAL 15xy sensors are ISO26262 certified and AEC-100 qualified.
The HAL 15xy family of Hall switches is a comprehensive line of products that offers many variations in switching points and temperature coefficients to meet developer requirements. HAL 15xy products provide next-generation power, robustness, and safety performance in SOT23 & TO92-UA packaging. Equipped with new and advanced monitoring features, HAL 15xy switches offer a single point fault metric greater than 60%.
HAL 15xy Key Features:
- Sampling and output refresh time of 2 μs
- 17 different magnetic switching points
- 3-wire version with a short-circuit protected open-drain output
- Switching bandwidth 12kH, optimally from 3-93 kHz
- 2-wire version with current output
- Very low current consumptions of typ. 1.6 mA and max. 2 mA (3-wire)
- Wide supply voltage operation from 2.7 V to 24 V
- Overvoltage protection capability up to 40 V
- Available in the smallest SOT23 package
- Highest ESD performance up to ±8 kV
- Reverse-voltage protection at the supply pin
- Operating with static and dynamic magnetic fields up to 12 kHz at the lowest output jitter of max. 0.58 μs (RMS). Customized versions are possible up to 93 kHz.
- AEC-Q 100 qualification
- ISO 26262 compliant as ASIL B ready device
- Additional functional safety features e.g.: Power on self-test, Monitoring of bias, under voltage, and current level, Overtemperature shutdown, Output current limitation
- Wide junction temperature range from −40 °C to 170 °C, specially designed for operation in harsh environments
- Magnetic characteristics are robust against mechanical stress
- Broad variety of temperature-compensated constant switching points
- End position detection
- Index counting
- Motor communication
Browse HAL® 15xy Solutions
5 to 7
5 to 7
2 to 5
|2 to 5||HAL556|
|5 to 7||HAL574|
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!