Solar-Powered Satellite Asset Tracker - The Solution to Remote Monitoring | Symmetry Blog
With remote tracking and asset management, maintenance of the tracking device can be costly and inconvenient. One of the issues with remote tracking is battery life. While many of these devices make use of a large battery to last as long as possible, these devices will still fail once the battery runs dry, requiring an employee to be sent to the asset to replace the battery. This becomes more cumbersome the more remote the location is, and this ultimately defeats the purpose of having remote tracking – to manage assets remotely.
It’s no surprise why this year, solar-powered satellite asset tracking is making a big splash. Alleviating the issues of battery life and frequent maintenance, utilizing solar power on trackers boost battery life for many years. A tracker like Globalstar’s SmartOne Solar can provide asset tracking for up to 10 years of battery life.
Why is Satellite Asset Tracking Important?
When company assets need to be managed in remote areas, cellular can be unreliable and often unfeasible. Cellular services can provide powerful tracking capabilities, but coverage is limited and confined to populated areas. This is not sufficient for assets that need to be transported or are in remote areas. It is under these situations that satellite tracking provides a versatile solution to asset management.
Why Use the SmartOne Solar?
The SmartOne Solar is the next generation of Globalstar’s industry-acclaimed SmartOne product line. While operating on one of the most modern and fastest satellite networks in the world and powered by the sun, this IoT device provides excellent remote monitoring and tracking capabilities.
The SmartOne Solar’s NiMH rechargeable batteries deliver over 10 years of life, drastically reducing maintenance time and cost for labor and parts. It lets users intelligently configure reporting times and intervals for custom information delivery.
The SmartOne Solar is certified Intrinsically Safe with unparalleled safety/device certifications such as ATEX Class I Zone 0: Division 1, OSHA Hazard Location Classification of Class 1, UL 60079-0, CSA STD C22.2, IP69K, HERO (Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) and others to meet the needs of every application. Let the SmartOne Solar streamline your M2M operations today.
- Solar-powered with up to 10 years of battery life
- Intrinsically Safe
- Bluetooth interface for configuration and firmware updating
- Wide range of reporting capabilities including;
- GPS Location reporting in 4 modes
- Geofencing with configurable range setting
- Stationary or in-motion reporting
- Reduced messaging & theft recovery modes
- Receives and transmits data from external sensors
- Two dry contact or wetted-voltage inputs available to manage engine run time, tank level or various alarm inputs
- Quick and easy installation requires no harnesses, external power or external antennas
SMARTONE SOLAR INCLUDES:
- 12 different reporting times
- Interval or 24-hour operation mode
- Alternate reporting schedules
- Low battery message
- Motion Sensor/Vibration parameter and scheduling
- Contact closure parameters
- Diagnostic messages
- Include Speed and Heading data in reported motion messages
- 3.25 IN (H) X 7 IN (W) X 1.125 IN (D)
- 8.26 CM (H) X 17.78 CM (W) X 2.86 CM (D)
- 13.5 oz/385 g
- With optional mounting bracket 40.57 oz. (1150 g)
- -40° to +85° C
- 10 TO 48 VDC
- Built-in rechargeable NiMH batteries (non-replaceable)
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS
- ATEX/IEC Ex ia IIC T4 Ga, AEx ia IIC T4 Ga For international Zone 0 applications
- OSHA Hazard Location Classification of Class 1
- UL 60079-0
- CSA STD C22.2, CSA 157-92 (Class1 Div1)
- HERO (Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordinance)
- FCC, ISED, CE
- IP69K (Ingress Protection)
- WEEE Compliant
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!