Silvertel Ag321T: Offering 3x the Wireless Charging Power | Symmetry Blog
Silvertel, the global leader in Power over Ethernet (PoE) and telecom interface modules, recently added their high power Ag321T 15W Qi wireless power transmitter to their growing portfolio of wireless charging devices. The Ag321T offers a complete wireless power and charging solution with 3x the power of standard Qi wireless power, making it suitable for a wide array of high-power applications. While adding wireless charging to products is typically a complicated task, the Ag321T addresses this issue with its compact size and simple integration.
Ag321T Key Features
- Qi-compatible up to 15W
- Backwards compatible with any 5W Qi-compliant receiver
- Input voltage 12V DC
- Custom communication channel to improve system awareness
- Pair with proprietary Ag320R wireless receiver (to achieve beyond 2.5mm max separation of Qi specification)
- Foreign object detection
- Low standby power consumption
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- Module size: 32mm x 21mm X 7.2mm
- Simple integration–only one transmitter coil required
With mobile phones being the most common application for wireless charging, the demand continues to increase in other markets, including medical, consumer, industrial, commercial, and military. Common applications include:
- Charging docks/pads in automotive
- Personal hygiene equipment
- Tablets and handheld medical devices
- Wireless charging pads embedded in nightstands, home theater seating or coffee shop tables
Safe and Versatile Solution
The Ag321T’s lack of cables or exposed metal eliminates the inconvenience of tangled cords, risk of electrical shock, or the issue of incompatibility. When sealed, the device becomes waterproof, offering the ability to withstand harsh conditions where dirt, dust, water, gases or chemicals are present or support instances in the medical field where disinfecting and sterilization is required.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!