Micronas Hall-Effect Sensors for Industrial Applications (Part 4)
Value-Optimized Hall-Effect Sensor Family
Package: SOT89 SMD
Ordering Code: HAL 206TQ-K
Interface: 3-WireSwitching Behavior: Unipolar, High Sensitivity
Temp. Range: -40°C to +140°C
Switching Points [mT] at 25°C: BON 12.0 - BOFF 6.5
Micronas offers the world’s broadest range of Hall-effect sensors, which are increasingly being utilized in a variety of industrial applications, including factory and process automation; building, home, and office automation; medical applications; mobility and robotics controllers; agriculture and heavy machinery; garden and power tools; and household items such as washing machines, tumble dryers, induction cookers, and heating and cooling (HVAC) systems.
The HAL 206 Hall switch is produced in CMOS technology. The sensors include a temperature-compensated Hall plate with active offset compensation, a comparator, and an open-drain output transistor. The active offset compensation leads to magnetic characteristics which are robust against mechanical stress effects. In addition, the magnetic characteristics are constant in the full supply voltage and temperature range. The comparator compares the actual magnetic flux through the Hall plate (Hall voltage) with the fixed reference values (switching points). Based on the reading, the output transistor is switched on or off.
The sensors are designed for industrial applications and operate with supply voltages from 3.8 V to 24 V in the ambient temperature range from −40 °C up to 125 °C.
- Endposition detection
- RPM measurement of motors in various applications, such as power window
- Brushless DC motors
- RPM measurements in flow meters
- Replacement of micro switches
- Operates from 3.8 V to 24 V supply voltage
- Operates with static magnetic fields and dynamic magnetic fields up to 10 kHz
- Overvoltage protection at all pins
- Reverse voltage protection at VDD pin
- Magnetic characteristics are robust against mechanical stress effects
- Short-circuit protected open-drain output by thermal shut down
- Constant switching points over a wide supply voltage and temperature range
- The decrease of magnetic flux density caused by rising temperature in the sensor system is compensated by a built-in negative temperature coefficient of the magnetic characteristics
- High temperature stability for automotive or industrial applications
- High ESD rating
Symmetry Electronics is an authorized Micronas distributor.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!