Micronas Hall-Effect Sensors for Industrial Applications (Part 3)
Precise and Robust Programmable Linear Hall-Effect Sensors
Package: TO92UT leaded
Ordering Code: HAL2425UT-A
Interface: Analog, 3-Wire
Temp. Range: -40°C to +170°C
Magn. Range [mT]: +/-25 to +/-200
Micronas offers the world’s broadest range of Hall-effect sensors, which are increasingly being utilized in a variety of industrial applications, including factory and process automation; building, home, and office automation; medical applications; mobility and robotics controllers; agriculture and heavy machinery; garden and power tools; and household items such as washing machines, tumble dryers, induction cookers, and heating and cooling (HVAC) systems.
The HAL 2425 offers extended distance measurement, improved robustness and state-of-the-art diagnostic functions for industrial applications under stringent conditions. It uses Micronas's latest technology node, a new digital architecture, and further enhanced Hall plates. The sensor provides an improved output linearization by incorporating a flexible compensation function with 16 programmable setpoints. In addition, angles up to 180° can be measured even with a simple magnet configuration.
All sensors feature a temperature-compensated Hall plate with spinning current offset compensation, an A/D converter, digital signal processing, a D/A converter with output driver, an EEPROM memory with redundancy and lock function for the calibration data, a serial interface for programming the EEPROM, and protection devices at all pins. Major characteristics like magnetic field range, sensitivity, output quiescent voltage and output voltage range are programmable in a non-volatile memory. The sensor can be easily calibrated to adjust its output to input signals and to compensate for any variations in the applications, such as magnet positioning or temperature drift. This enables operation over the full temperature range with high accuracy. The calculation of the individual sensor characteristics and the programming of the EEPROM memory can easily be done with a PC and the application kit from Micronas.
The sensor is designed for hostile industrial applications. The HAL 2425 is available in the very small leaded RoHs package TO92UT and is AECQ100 qualified.
Due to the sensor’s versatile programming characteristics and low temperature drifts, the HAL 24xy is the optimal system solution for applications such as:
- Distance and linear movement measurements
- Angle sensors like throttle position, pedal position, and EGR applications
- Contactless potentiometers
- High-precision linear Hall-effect sensor with ratiometric 12-bit analog output (HAL 242x)
- 16 setpoints for various output signal characteristics
- High immunity against ESD (8 kV) and EMC
- Multiple customer-programmable magnetic characteristics in a non-volatile memory with redundancy and lock function
- Programmable temperature compensation for sensitivity and offset
- Magnetic field measurements in the range up to 200 mT
- Low output voltage drifts over temperature
- Open-circuit (ground and supply line break detection), overvoltage and undervoltage detection
- Programmable output clamping function
- Digital readout of temperature and magnetic field information in calibration mode
- Operates from −40 °C up to 170 °C junction temperature
- Operates from 4.5 V up to 5.5 V supply voltage in specification
- Operates with static magnetic fields and dynamic magnetic fields up to 2 kHz
- Overvoltage and reverse-voltage protection at all pins
- Short-circuit protected push-pull output
Symmetry Electronics is an authorized Micronas distributor.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!