An Introduction to the Embedded Antenna Design (EAD) LCO7270 Multiband Omni Antenna
Monday, September 29, 2014
Embedded Antenna Design (EAD) recently announced the LCO7270, a groundplane independent 4G/LTE multiband omni antenna covering 690-2700 MHz i.e. 4G, LTE, 3G and GSM/Cellular frequencies.
Housed in a weatherproof Luran sheath with a passivated aluminium base, the LCO7270 is groundplane independent and doesn’t need a metal surface to operate effectively. With gain of 2 dBi across the bands, the radiation pattern is omni-directional making it suitable for both fixed and mobile applications.
Unlike other compact omni antennas that require a groundplane, the LCO7270’s ability to be mounted in free space or on non-metal surfaces and enclosures is a tangible advantage. The antenna can be fitted with a number of connectors including N-Female Bulkhead (for stud mounting where a smaller mounting hole is required or where there is less real estate inside the enclosure), N-Male, TNC-Male, RP-TNC, SMA, and RP-SMA. There is also an option for a wall-mount version using a stainless steel L-Bracket.
Initial samples will be available by the end of September and production orders are expected to start being fulfilled by the end of the second week in October.
- Covers 4G, LTE, 3G, GSM & Cellular bands
- Stud, Connector or Bracket mount
- Groundplane Independent
- Wall-Mount version available
- Suitable for fixed or mobile applications
- Radiating element: 1/2 Wave Element
- Frequency range: 690-960/1710-2700 MHz
- Gain: 2 dBi
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- Polarization: Linear
- VSWR: < 2.5:1
- Power rating: 10W
- Connector: N-Female (others possible - N-Male, TNC, SMA, RP-SMA)
- Materials: ASA Luran Sheath, Alumimium base
- Dimensions: 159x 34mm (excl. connector)
- LCO7270-NFB-ST: LCO7270 antenna N-Female BLK Straight connector
- LCO7270-NM-ST: LCO7270 antenna N-Male Straight connector
- LCO7270-WMB: LCO7270 antenna with Wall-mount L-Bracket N-Female connector
For more information regarding the EAD LCO7270 or any of EAD’s other products, please call Symmetry Electronics at (310) 536-6190, or contact us online.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!