GainSpan Video Application Development Kit (ADK), A Complete Video Reference Design
Kiran Koshy, Director of Product Management at GainSpan, talks about the GainSpan Full HD Video Battery Powered Application Development Kit (ADK), a complete reference design demonstrating a VGA resolution (640x480) video streaming application based on the GainSpan GS2011MIZ Wi-Fi module.
The GainSpan Full HD Video Battery Powered ADK is a development platform integrating the major hardware and software components for a Wi-Fi IP camera solution and key functionality for battery powered operation for the camera. The Video ADK enables wireless video streaming to an iOS or Android smartphone through a battery-powered video application board.
The video mobile applications showcase the video streaming capability of the GainSpan Video ADK. The application features a dashboard used for setup and selection of camera and an RTP/RTSP protocol based custom player that allows users to view live video data. Other features include audio alarms when motion or sound is detected, a “soft” snapshot button that allows users to take a single still image, and password protected access to camera.
4 Key Advantages of the GainSpan Video ADK
- Unique battery powered functionality; most cameras are line-powered
- Extremely high resolution: supports up to 1080P full HD resolution
- This design is a hostless architecture, which means that all of the key functionality for this application is performed on GS2000 SOC. GS2000 is a powerful SOC featuring a dual core Cortex-M3 architecture.
- Provides a complete development system that our customers can use to develop their applications, saving customers 6-9 months of development time.
Benefits of the GainSpan Video ADK
- Complete VGA resolution video reference design that allows users to stream video from a camera to their iOS or Android based smartphones
- Target applications are video streaming applications such as Wi-Fi doorbells, battery or line powered IP cameras, car rear-view cameras, and baby monitors
- Accelerated time-to-market using GainSpan’s solution that includes complete hardware design package and software suite (embedded software source and mobile reference apps)
- Ultra low-power video streaming for battery powered devices
An evaluation version of the ADK, the Video Application Evaluation Kit (AEK), is also available. The Video ADK includes source code for embedded video application software and iOS and Android based mobile applications, while the AEK includes binary-only embedded software and mobile apps.
For additional GainSpan product information or technical support, contact Symmetry Electronics, an authorized distributor of industry leading wireless, audio/video and embedded chips, modules and dev/eval tools, call (877) 466-9722.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!