DecaWave ScenSor Technology Offers Superior Immunity to Multipath Fading, Ideal for Wireless Gateways
Major wireless access points providers are seeking opportunities to add value in terms of more accurate RTLS than is currently possible. The wireless gateway market is driven by the continuous need for connectivity everywhere, creating a connectivity continuum between work, home, leisure places, malls and even cars.
DecaWave ScenSor adds value for providers by offering superior Non Line of Sight performance, allowing complete coverage between two access points. Additionally, our ScenSor technology offers superior immunity to multipath fading, which allows immunity to Wi-Fi signals and RF hostile environment.
DecaWave’s DW1000 technology provides unrivalled accuracy capability for the first time at a price point that is acceptable to the WAP providers.
The DW1000 IC provides a new approach to Real Time Location and Indoor Positioning Systems, Location Based Services, Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things by providing accurate location awareness and communication.
- Low power consumption allows operation from batteries for long periods depending on mode
- Highly immune to multipath fading – allows reliable communications in high fading environments
- Short packet durations support high tag densities – up to 11,000 in a 20m radius
- Excellent communications range of up to 290m thanks to coherent receiver techniques
- Allows high data rate communications, up to 6.8Mb/s, in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN)
- Allows the location of objects in Real Time Location Systems (RTLS) to a precision of 10cm indoors, even while moving at up to 5m/s
- A single chip, IEEE802.15.4-2011 UWB compliant, Wireless Transceiver based on Ultra Wideband techniques
For additional DecaWave product information or technical support, contact Symmetry Electronics, an authorized distributor of industry leading wireless, audio/video and embedded chips, modules and dev/eval tools. www.symmetryelectronics.com/contact-us or call (877) 466-9722.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!