Bluetooth LE Modules for Battery-Powered IoT Devices
Laird Connectivity has leveraged their over 40 years of expertise in wireless modules, internal antennas, IoT devices, design services, and RF and EMC testing to launch their advanced Bluetooth 5.3 Lyra Series. Integrating Silicon Labs’ EFR32BG22 SoC, the Lyra Series combines SiLabs’ hardware, software, and tools with Laird Connectivity’s value-added application software, services, certification, and support capabilities. This seamless collaboration provides customers with multiple software development options suited to their resources and skillsets in Bluetooth LE-enabled product development.
The Lyra Series includes the Lyra P, small form factor PCB module with an integrated antenna and the Lyra S, ultra-compact SiP module with an integrated antenna and support for multiple additional pre-certified antennas. The feature-rich Lyra Series is suitable for battery-powered IoT devices and was developed to drive down total cost of ownership, minimize design complexity and risk, and accelerate time to market.
Lyra P - PCB Module
- +8 dBm Output Power
- 12.9 x 15.0 x 2.2 mm
- Integrated antenna
Lyra S - SiP Module
- +6 dBm Output Power
- 6 x 6 x 1.1 mm
- Integrated antenna or external via pinout
- Pre-certified range of antennas
Lyra Series Features
- Based on Silicon Labs’ EFR32BG22 SoC
- Bluetooth 5.3 / Bluetooth LE
- Powerful Core Cortex-M33 (512 kB Flash/32 k RAM)
- Long-range (Coded PHY) & 2MPHY support
- Enhanced operating temperature (-40oC to +105oC)
- Hostless and hosted operation
- Widest range of MCU peripherals (UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, GPIO, PWM, PDM, Counter, Timer, Watchdog, & PRS)
- PCB or SiP hardware options
- Integrated antennas on both options
- Lyra S also supports multiple additional pre-certified antennas
- Three firmware options
- AT Command Set - Ongoing development track - Customizations, more Xpress features
- Wireless Xpress - Frozen at current release, path for existing Silicon Labs customers
- C Code - Full software development with Silicon Labs SDK and Toolchain integration
- Exceptional Security (Secure Boot, ARM Trustzone, & Hardware Cryptographic Acceleration)
- Laird Connectivity's value-added support and services
- Technical and application support for ALL options
- Full Service - Antenna, Engineering & Certification Services
- Continuous development of AT Command Set - extensible
- Fully featured development kits
- Global Certification (FCC, ISED, UKCA, CE, KCC, & MIC)
Lyra Series Development Kits
The Lyra Series (Lyra P and Lyra S) development kits offer everything needed to start Bluetooth LE development. Integrating a Segger J-Link debugger, USB Micro B for power, HW switch for FW options, buttons and LEDS, and Mini Simplicity (on base), Mikrobus, and Qwik connector options, the Lyra Series dev kits include everything needed for rapid device evaluation. The Lyra S DVK is mounted with an MHF4 connector to root to an external antenna.
Lyra Series Comprehensive Development Services
Laird Connectivity has joined forces with Silicon Labs to offer a secure, feature-rich solution for Bluetooth LE product development. Choose between the Lyra P, small form factor PCB module with an integrated antenna or Lyra S, ultra-compact SiP module with an integrated antenna and external antenna capabilities. Offering three firmware operations (AT Command Set, Wireless Xpress, and C Code), the Lyra Series offers a flexible development option for diverse applications like professional lighting, asset tags and beacons, secure medical peripherals, and industrial IoT (IIoT) sensors. Combine the Lyra Series evaluation boards with Laird Connectivity’s value-added technical support and certification services to benefit from reduced costs, simplified development, and accelerated time to market.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.