An Overview of DecaWave's DW1000 UWB Wireless Transceiver for Precise Indoor Positioning
DecaWave's DW1000 provides a new approach to Real Time Location and Indoor Positioning Systems, Location Based Services, Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things by providing accurate location awareness and communication. Based on an excellent communications range of up to 290 m in Line of Sight and up to 35m in Non-Line of Sight, it also reduces the system cost and the need for additional infrastructure.
DecaWave's DW1000 is the world's first single chip UWB transceiver, enabling you to develop cost effective RTLS solutions with precise indoor and outdoor positioning to within 10 cm. Based on IEEE802.15.4-2011, the DW1000 is also aiming at Internet of Things applications thanks to up to 6.8 Mbps communication capability.
- DW1000 facilitates proximity detection to an accuracy of +/- 10 cm using two-way ranging time-of-flight (TOF) measurements.
- DW1000 facilitates real time location of assets to an accuracy of +/- 30 cm in x and y using either two-way ranging (TOF) measurements or one-way time difference of arrival (TDOA) schemes.
- DW1000 spans 6 RF bands from 3.5 GHz to 6.5 GHz.
- DW1000 supports data rates of 110 kbps, 850 kbps and 6.8 Mbps.
- DW1000 high data rates allow it to keep on-air time short thereby saving power and extending battery lifetimes.
- DW1000 ability to deal with severe multipath environments makes it ideal for highly reflective RF environments.
The DecaWave DW1000 is optimized for applications in Real Time Location Systems and Wireless Sensor Networks across a variety of markets including agriculture, building control and automation, factory automation, healthcare, safety & security, warehousing & logistics and a range of others.
The DecaWave EVK1000 can expand the system with a TREK1000 kit to support more anchors and tags. DecaWave's EVK1000 is a Two Way Ranging Evaluation Kit made of 2 EVB1000 evaluation boards each incorporating DW1000 IEEE802.15.4-2011 UWB compliant wireless transceiver IC, STM32F105 ARM Cortex M3.
The DecaWave TREK1000 IC Evaluation Kit for Two-Way-Ranging (TWR) RTLS (Real Time Location Systems) enables users to evaluate the performance of DecaWave’s DW1000 Ultra-Wideband (UWB) IC in RTLS application use cases based on various topologies.
Read more about the TREK1000: An Introduction to the DecaWave TREK1000 Evaluation Kit
Purchase the DWM1000 UWB compliant wireless transceiver module.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!