Video: An Introduction to the Trinamic TMC2130 stealthChop Stepper Driver Motor
The Trinamic TMC2130 stealthChop Stepper Driver Motor is a high performance driver IC for two phase stepper motors. Standard SPI and Step/Dir simplify communication. Trinamic’s sophisticated stealthChop chopper ensures noiseless operation combined with maximum efficiency and best motor torque.
Due to features like stallGuard2 and coolStep energy consumption can be reduced by up to 75%. Moreover, high loads can be moved as fast as possible without steploss by using the dcStep feature of the TMC2130. Integrated power MOSFETs handle motor currents up to 1.2A RMS continuously or 2.5A short time peak current per coil. Protection and diagnostic features support robust and reliable operation. The industry’s most advanced stepper motor driver enables miniaturized designs with low external component count for cost-effective and highly competitive solutions.
- 2-phase stepper motors
- Drive Capability up to 1.7A coil current (2.5A peak)
- Step/Dir Interface with microstep interpolation microPlyer
- SPI Interface
- Voltage Range 4.75 46V DC
- Highest Resolution 256 microsteps per full step
- stealthChop for extremely quiet operation and smooth motion
- spreadCycle highly dynamic motor control chopper
- dcStep load dependent speed control
- stallGuard2 high precision sensorless motor load detection
- coolStep current control for energy savings up to 75%
- Integrated Current Sense Option
- Passive Breaking and freewheeling mode
- Full Protection & Diagnostics
- Small Size 5x6mm QFN36 package
For more information about the stealthChop or other Trinamic motor control products, call Symmetry at (310) 536-6190 or contact us online.