Video: An Introduction to the GizmoSphere Gizmo 2 Explorer Kit
The GizmoSphere Gizmo 2 development board is a new generation open-source platform that allows embedded innovators and DIY enthusiasts to invent parallel processing-driven systems with greater flexibility and ease of use, and with top-notch compute and graphics performance and lower power consumption.
Gizmo 2 is a compact, 4-inch by 4-inch, low-cost x86-based board that includes the dual-core AMD Embedded GX-210HA SoC, which combines a CPU on a single die with AMD Radeon™ HD 8210E discrete-class graphics, providing 85 GFLOPS performance, while drawing only 9 watts TDP and providing passive cooling for fanless designs. Gizmo 2 also comes with a microSD card preloaded with TimeSys Embedded Linux, and supports a variety of operating systems including Minoca, Linux®, RTOS and Windows® Embedded 7 and 8, as well as Qt, a cross-platform framework used to create devices with stunning UIs and powerful native applications. Supported graphics application programming interfaces (APIs) and frameworks, include DirectX® 11.1, OpenGL 4.2x and OpenCL™ 1.2.
The state-of-the-art multicore AMD SoC architecture that underpins Gizmo 2 is optimized to deliver a level of parallel processing-driven performance that conventional CPUs, GPUs and hybrid chipsets simply can’t match. Gizmo 2 can be used for embedded development, PC replacement, microcontroller applications, SMB storage, parallel processing, multicore engineering and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions – virtually any application that requires high performance, I/O connectivity, and energy efficiency in a small package.
The Gizmo 2 Explorer Kit comes with the Gizmo 2 board; a 12V, 2A universal power supply; an international plug adapter; uSD; and coin cell battery.
- Processor/Performance - AMD Embedded G-Series soc - GX210HA - 1ghz Dual-Core
- Board Size - 4x 4 form factor
- Processor TDP - 9wW
- USB - 8 total with 4 onboard, 2 USB 2.0 / additional USB 2.0 header, 2 USB 3.0 others can be brought out
- Audio - HD audio in/out
- Ethernet - RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- HDMI/DISPLAYPORT/LVDS - HDMI video/audio output
- Memory - 1GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM
- SD - MicroSD card slot
- PCIe - 4x1 links of pcie Gen2 for GPP and 1x4 links of pcie for GPU
- SATA - 2x Gen3 - mSATA/mini, PCIe connector
- Embedded IO - USB, GPIO, SPI programming port on board, UART, DAC, ADC
- Tools - JTAG header
- Operating Systems - TimeSys Embedded Linux and Qt UI loaded on usd and Linux, Minoca, RTOS, Windows Embedded 7 and 8
- Kit Contents - Gizmo 2 board 12V, 2A universal power supply, international plug adapter, uSD and coin cell
For more information about the GizmoSphere Gizmo 2 Explorer Kit, or to order, call Symmetry at (310) 536-6190, or contact us online.