An Introduction to the AMD Radeon E8860 PCIe GPU
The AMD Radeon™ E8860 Embedded discrete GPU pushes graphics and parallel processing performance to unprecedented new heights while increasing power efficiency. Providing 2x higher 3D graphics performance and 33% higher single-precision floating point performance than the AMD Radeon E6760 GPU, the AMD Radeon E8860 GPU delivers industry leading 3D video graphics performance, enabling stunning multi-display visual experiences for a range of embedded applications spanning digital gaming, digital signage, medical imaging, and avionics.
The Radeon E8860 GPU is a multi-chip module (MCM) consisting of GPU and GPU memory integrated on a single substrate. The underlying GCN architecture enables the AMD Radeon E8860 GPU to efficiently manage workloads and programming languages traditionally handled exclusively by the main processor, and provides image quality-enhancing benefits including partially resident textures, improved anisotropic filtering, and improved DirectX 11 tessellation. The Radeon E8860 GPU features 2GB of GDDR5 frame buffer and delivers up to 80% more memory bandwidth than NVIDIAs sub-50W GeForce GPUs. Radeon E8860 supports AMD PowerPlay technology, AMD ZeroCore power technology, and AMD Enduro technology, which can enable the GPU to deliver full potential performance while conserving power.
- Excellent Performance-Per-Watt – Enable HD high-speed video decode and 3D graphics at efficient thermal design power (TDP) profiles as low as 37W. Create crisp, eye-catching visual experiences while conserving power.
- Leading-Edge Processing Speed – Harness the performance of the AMD Radeon™ E8870MXM module, which provides up to 49% more performance than the Nvidia GTX 750Ti.
- Performance and Power Control – Help ensure maximum performance within thermal and power limits. Align power/performance profiles to achieve cost-savings and thermal dissipation benefits for dense system configurations [available with the AMD Embedded Radeon™ E8870 Series].
- Multi-display Immersion – Support up to six displays with a single small form factor module.
- Enable ultra-immersive, multi-display visual experiences for digital signage and casino and arcade gaming systems.
- Compact Form Factor – Preserve valuable board space in small form factor systems like wall-mounted and/or mobile digital signage displays and multimedia players. Free up real estate for additional value-add components.
- Long Product Support – Get optimal value out of designs by reducing engineering iteration cycles. Particularly valuable for designers of products in highly regulated industries, including medical imaging and casino gaming.
For more information about AMD and Radeon GPUs, call Symmetry at (310) 536-6190 or contact us online.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.