A Brief Introduction to the Sinica Antenna by Antenova
Antenova has released Sinica, a new embedded GNSS antenna which operates on the 1559 – 1609 MHz satellite bands. Sinica achieves high performance from an ultra-low profile antenna that operates with all of the public satellite constellations GPS, GLONASS, Baidou, and Gallileo. It can provide accurate positioning combined with global coverage and is suitable for use in drones, network devices, wearable electronics, or any other portable device or tracking application.
The Sinica antenna is created from FR4 materials and new dielectric constant laminate substrates. It uses a new approach to antenna design, which has enabled the creation of a low profile antenna with the high performance of a ceramic patch antenna that can be placed neatly within a small printed circuit board.
Antenova also offers an evaluation board for development using the Sinica antenna.
- Ultra-flat, compact design at 7.0mm x 5.8mm x 0.4mm
- Weighs less than 0.2g
- Wide band frequency range 1559 –1609MHz
- Solution for all global public constellations: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and GALILEO
- Omni-directional radiation pattern
- Peak Gain 3.0dBi, Average Gain (linear) 0dBi
- 75% efficiency (linear)
- Maintains high performance on device: DFI (Designed For Integration)
- Designed for SMD mounting
- Supplied on Tape and Reel
For more information, or to order the Sinica antenna or evaluation board, call Symmetry at (310) 536-6190 or contact us online.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.