5 Symmetry Suppliers Nominated for the 2016 Global Semiconductor Alliance Awards
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) is pleased to announce the 2016 award nominees for the GSA Awards Dinner Celebration.
Featuring a keynote by Dan Schulman, President and CEO of PayPal, the celebration will take place on Thursday, December 8, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. The program will recognize companies that have demonstrated excellence through their vision, strategy, execution and future opportunity. These companies will be honored for their achievements in several categories ranging from outstanding leadership to financial accomplishments, as well as overall respect within the industry.
The 2016 Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award winner is Lip-Bu Tan, President and CEO of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. and Founder and Chairman of Walden International.
The evening’s program will recognize leading semiconductor companies that have exhibited market growth through technological innovation and exceptional business management strategies. The award categories and nominees (in alphabetical order) are as follows:
- Outstanding Asia Pacific Semiconductor Company Award: MediaTek Inc., Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
- Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company Award (Achieving Greater than $1 Billion in Annual Sales): Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
- Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company Award (Achieving Up to $1 Billion in Annual Sales): Silicon Motion
- Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Award (Achieving Greater than $5 Billion in Annual Sales): MediaTek Inc.
- Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Award (Achieving $500 Million to $1 Billion in Annual Sales): Silicon Labs
- Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company Award (Achieving $100 to $500 Million in Annual Sales): Nordic Semiconductor
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to support the global semiconductor industry and its partners by offering a comprehensive view of the industry. This enables members to better anticipate market opportunities and industry trends, preparing them for technology and business shifts. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration through efficient power networking for global semiconductor leaders and their partners, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 30 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!