5 New Features of the Next Generation of Digi XBee®
Earlier this week, the Digi XBee Cellular introduced three new variants to the lineup and announced the new features and upgrades of the module platform that combines global connectivity, built-in security, and design flexibility for Internet of Things (IoT) applications:
Designed for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile Cat-1 cellular networks.
Provide OEMs with a simple way to integrate low-power cellular connectivity into their devices.
Provide OEMs with a simple way to integrate low-power narrow-band cellular connectivity into their devices.
These advanced, smart, cellular modems strengthen the already robust Digi XBee product line and are capable of meeting all wireless needs – from cellular, to ZigBee, to Wi-Fi protocols. The platform offers complete design freedom for cellular IoT connectivity integration from LTE Cat-1 all the way to LTE-M and NB-IoT LPWAN technology.
With the new upgrades and features below, organizations looking to integrate cellular connectivity and the ability to standardize on one module platform with a single hardware footprint across products, regions, applications, and cellular networks for everything from local applications to global solutions – regardless of the complexity level.
- Programmability: Local intelligence programmed on the modem itself. Business rules engines and application logic can transform data, control local I/O, connect to Bluetooth sensors, actively manage utilization of the cellular link and optimize cellular data plans.
- Full USB Support: Supports wide range of applications, from basic to more complex Linux-based applications/systems; direct USB communication for apps with native control requirements.
- Bluetooth® Ready: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth Mesh connectivity. Allows simple and quick local setup, provisioning, and troubleshooting capabilities using modern mobile phones and tablets.
- Advanced Manageability Features: Support robust over-the-air (OTA) firmware upgrades, Digi’s easy-to-use RF management and configuration tool Digi XCTU, and remote management through Digi Remote Manager™.
- Built-In Security: Hardened with built-in Digi TrustFence™ device security.
>>FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AWARD WINNING, NEXT GENERATION DIGI XBEE CELLULAR PRODUCTS TO GET STARTED TODAY.
Why partner with Symmetry Electronics? Symmetry's technical staff is specially trained by our suppliers to provide a comprehensive level of technical support. Our in-house Applications Engineers provide free design services to help customers early in the design cycle, providing solutions to save them time, money and frustration. Contact Symmetry for more information.