5 New Features of the Next Generation of Digi XBee®
Earlier this week, the Digi XBee Cellular introduced three new variants to the lineup and announced the new features and upgrades of the module platform that combines global connectivity, built-in security, and design flexibility for Internet of Things (IoT) applications:
Designed for Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile Cat-1 cellular networks.
Provide OEMs with a simple way to integrate low-power cellular connectivity into their devices.
Provide OEMs with a simple way to integrate low-power narrow-band cellular connectivity into their devices.
These advanced, smart, cellular modems strengthen the already robust Digi XBee product line and are capable of meeting all wireless needs – from cellular, to ZigBee, to Wi-Fi protocols. The platform offers complete design freedom for cellular IoT connectivity integration from LTE Cat-1 all the way to LTE-M and NB-IoT LPWAN technology.
With the new upgrades and features below, organizations looking to integrate cellular connectivity and the ability to standardize on one module platform with a single hardware footprint across products, regions, applications, and cellular networks for everything from local applications to global solutions – regardless of the complexity level.
- Programmability: Local intelligence programmed on the modem itself. Business rules engines and application logic can transform data, control local I/O, connect to Bluetooth sensors, actively manage utilization of the cellular link and optimize cellular data plans.
- Full USB Support: Supports wide range of applications, from basic to more complex Linux-based applications/systems; direct USB communication for apps with native control requirements.
- Bluetooth® Ready: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth Mesh connectivity. Allows simple and quick local setup, provisioning, and troubleshooting capabilities using modern mobile phones and tablets.
- Advanced Manageability Features: Support robust over-the-air (OTA) firmware upgrades, Digi’s easy-to-use RF management and configuration tool Digi XCTU, and remote management through Digi Remote Manager™.
- Built-In Security: Hardened with built-in Digi TrustFence™ device security.
>>FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AWARD WINNING, NEXT GENERATION DIGI XBEE CELLULAR PRODUCTS TO GET STARTED TODAY.
Stay up to date with industry and supplier news!